Artist Lisa Egeli paints the people and places we love.
Her portraits and landscapes, in oil and pastel, have been featured in many exhibits and permanent collections since her professional career was launched when she graduated from the American Academy of Art in Chicago.
Her life as a painter, however, began long before, growing up a third generation artist in a family of artists, and learning her earliest skills from her father, prominent portrait painter Peter Egeli. His father, Bjorn Egeli, also had a distinguished career as a portrait painter, with Presidents and Justices among his subjects.
Lisa has painted portraits for institutions and individuals around the country.
Subjects have included the Dean of the University of Maryland Medical School, the Adjutant General of the Maryland National Guard, the Dean of the George Washington Law School, department chairs and prominent doctors at Johns Hopkins Hospital and three Presidents and the Board Chair for Washington College. Clients value her skill in capturing both the subject’s likeness and personality with a convincing and painterly clarity. Portraits Lisa has painted hang in numerous public and private collections.
Lisa is a Fellow of the American Society of Marine Artists, a Signature Member of Oil Painters of America, a Signature Member of the Society of Animal Artists, a member of the Salmagundi Club in New York and the Washington Society of Landscape Painters. “Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine” featured Lisa as one of “Today’s Masters” in the September/October 2009 issue.
Lisa continues to paint portraits and landscapes for a wide range of clients, working from her studio at home in southern Maryland.
Lisa’s landscape painting has taken her all over the world.
in 1991 she set out on a nine month painting tour that took her to Europe, Southeast Asia, China, and New Zealand. “Views From Around the World,” an exhibition of documentary drawings and paintings, opened on her return. In the years since, she has made many painting trips, including to Africa, Italy, Brazil, France and throughout the U.S. Her work has been recognized in a variety of national and international exhibitions and artist’s residencies and she was featured as one of “Today’s Masters” in Fine Art Connoisseur magazine.
Lisa Egeli lives by the shores of the Chesapeake Bay most of the year, and travels frequently to beautiful and inspiring parts of the globe.
- Museum Yvonne Jean-Haffen
- George Washington University Law School
- Johns Hopkins University
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Miles & Stockbridge, P.C.
- Chesapeake Biological Laboratory
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- State of Maryland, Department of Fiscal Services
- Washington College
- St. Timothy’s School
- State of Maryland, Military Department
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- Numerous Private Collections
“Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine” featured as one of “Today’s Masters” in the September/October 2009 issue
“100 Plein Air Painters of the Mid-Atlantic”, by Gary Pendleton
“Art of the National Parks: Historic Connections, Contemporary Interpretations”, by Susan Hallsten McGarry, Jean Stern, Terry Lawson Dunn
“Art 101: Understanding Visual Artforms in Our World”, by Kimberly Anderson & Jenny Carson
“Enjoying The View: Appreciating The Finely Worked Canvases of a Superb Naturalist”, by Deborah McLeod, Baltimore City Paper, 2007
- Cape Ann Plein Air Festival (First Place). Cape Ann, Massachusetts. 2016
- Oil Painters of America National Juried Exhibition, 2004, 2008, 2012-2016
- Best of the Chesapeake, McBride Gallery, Annapolis, Maryland. 2012-2016
- American Society of Marine Artists 17th National Exhibition: The Muscarelle Museum, Chesapeake Maritime Museum, Academy Art Museum, Quinlan Visual Arts Center, Minnesota Marine Art Museum , Mystic Seaport Museum 2016-2017
- Society of Animal Artists’ 52nd and 53rd Annual Exhibitions: The Roger Tory Peterson Institute, the Houston Museum of Natural Science. 2015 and 2016.
- “Stelle (e Strisce) Sotto il Cielo di Arezzo” Villicana d’Annibale Galleria d’Arte Arezzo, Italy, 2012
- American Society of Marine Artists 15th National Exhibition Cornell Museum of Art and American Culture, Mobile Museum of Art, Art Museum of Southeast Texas, Art Museum of South Texas, Museum of the Southwest, The Haggin Museum, Coos Art Museum, Minnesota Marine Art Museum 2011- 2013
- Society of Animal Artists’ 51st Annual Exhibition Dennos Museum Center, Peninsula Fine Art Center, Appleton Museum of Art, Ocala, FL September 2011- June, 2012, “Best Painting by a Newcomer”
- Landscapes Near and Far, Washington Society of Landscape Painters, The Mansion at Strathmore Hall, Rockville, Maryland, November 2009-January 2010
- Oil Painters of America Eastern Regional Juried Exhibition, Richland Fine Art, Nashville, Tennessee, 2008
- American Society of Marine Artists 14th National Exhibition Chase Riverfront Center for the Arts, Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, Noyes Museum, Spartanburg Museum of Art, New Bedford Art Museum June 2008-September 2009
- Oil Painters of America’s 2008 National Juried Exhibition Dana Gallery, Missoula, Montana, 2008
- “Maryland Florida Africa: Lisa Egeli Recent Landscapes” Diliberto Gallery, Baltimore, Maryland, 2007
- “Telluride Plein Air” Sheridan Opera House, Telluride, Colorado, 2008
- “Plein Air Easton” Easton, Maryland, 2006-2011 “Best Pastoral” 2007, juried by artist Kenn Backhaus
- “Paint Annapolis” Annapolis, Maryland, September 2005, 2008, 2009 “Award of Merit” 2005, juried by Eleanor Jones Harvey, Chief Curator, Smithsonian Museum of American Art
- “The Long View”, A Solo Exhibit of Landscapes in Oil Black Rock Center for the Arts, Germantown, Maryland, May-June 2005
- 100 Best Paintings, Arts for the Parks Jackson Hole, Wyoming, 1996 and 2003
- Places Known and Unknown: Recent Landscapes Arts Club of Washington, Washington, DC, March 1999
- Mid-Atlantic Maritime Festival Easton, Maryland, April 1994 and 1995
- Views from Around the World St. Timothy’s School, Stevenson, Maryland May 1992
- Southern Maryland Regional Arts Exhibition St. Mary’s City, Maryland, May-June 1986, 1987, 1990, 1992, 1993
- The Egeli Family Exhibition Life of Maryland Gallery, Baltimore, October-November 1985